TORONTO –RogersTM Hometown HockeyTM Tour presented by Scotiabank and Hyundai is heading to Salmon Arm, BC on March 7 and 8 to celebrate more of the game that brings us together. Hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone will be on site for the festivities, which include meet-and-greet opportunities with NHL alumni Kirk McLean and Robyn Regehr, live local entertainment, and the live Sportsnet NHL broadcast.
The two-day hockey festival begins on Saturday, March 7 at Noon PT at Marine Park (750 Marine Park Drive NE) and will conclude on Sunday afternoon following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The afternoon’s broadcast gets underway with a special pre-game show hosted by MacLean and Slone live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 3:30 p.m. PT, followed by showdowns between the Vegas Golden Knights and Calgary Flames, on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW and NHL LIVE.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, the historic Rogers Hometown Hockey production features the all-female team of play-by-play announcer Leah Hextall, game analyst Cassie Campbell-Pascall, and rinkside reporter Christine Simpson, with Slone acting as studio host. Sportsnet’s coverage will be produced by a majority female production team, including executive producer Alison Redmond, game producer Maria Skinner and director Dawn Landis.
The free hockey-themed weekend features games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Celebrate more of the game that brings us together with fun and interactive hockey experiences. Fill out your Fan Profile for a chance to win exclusive Rogers Moments, enjoy autograph signings with NHL alumni Kirk McLean, test your stickhandling with the Infinite Dangles challenge, and grab some free popcorn!
- Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space designed to engage hockey fans who can interact with NHL alumni Robyn Regehr, and celebrate the game. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to local minor hockey associations in the surrounding area at each tour stop this season.
- Hyundai Drives Hockey: Hyundai displays on festival grounds will feature games and challenges for kids and parents alike. Opportunities to test-drive and interact with the entire range of five Hyundai SUVs will demonstrate how Hyundai is made for those who drive hockey. Fans will have the chance to win on-site giveaways, weekend prizes as well as an overall grand prize for the season.
- Sportsnet Shooting Accuracy Game: Fans race against the clock to snipe as many targets as possible before time runs out! A digital scoreboard tracks the best scores from the day, and from the other Tour stops across the country. Players of all ages can show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to NHL stars and alumni with fantastic prizes to be won!
- Steve Goodtime Rockin’ Hockey Show: Come see Steve Goodtime, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Steve performs his incredible family-friendly rock n’ roll hockey show packed with fire, juggling, stunts, and guitar solos. The event will be rocked!
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win an NHL playset.
- Sobeys Community Barbeque: Sobeys is proud to support the Community Barbeque through a food donation. All funds raised this weekend will go towards supporting minor hockey in Salmon Arm.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with The Whiskey Danglers performing on Saturday followed by Shawn Lightfoot Band on Sunday.
- Marine Park – 750 Marine Park Drive NE
- Saturday, March 7 – Festival open from Noon to 6 p.m. PT.
- Sunday, March 8 – Festival opens at 11 a.m. PT and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
- MacLean and Slone sit down with the original trailblazer, Billie-Jean King
- Slone chats with Bev Smith, Salmon Arm native, Canadian and Women’s Basketball Hall of Famer, and former National Team coach
- Sobeys Hometown Heroes: MacLean and proud hometown boy, Curtis Lazar of the Buffalo Sabres, enjoy the long standing tradition of house boating
- Game Matchup:
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Calgary Flames, 3:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, NHL LIVE)